Welcome to scimathed.org!
This website is a pro bono offering of Sean Kelly Consulting. We appreciate his support!
What's Here So Far?
We have programs for:
- In-Service Teachers: graduate course work, professional development, materials and resources
- Pre-Service Teachers and Inductees: You can get your degree while being certified to teach mathematics and science, and participate in grant programs with in-service teachers, too!
- Outreach: Â We have summer camps, tutoring, resources, and more.
Texas Regional Collaboratives
We're one of the Texas Regional Collaboratives (TRCs) for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching. Learn more about TRCs statewide at thetrc.org.
- Our focus area for 2012-2013 is Physics and Physical Chemistry
- We have teachers in all grade levels, but are focusing on 8th for immersion schools.
- Collaborative members can get information and share work here!
- Our partner districts include Carrolton-Farmers Branch ISD, Garland ISD, Richardson ISD, and Fort Worth ISD.
Teacher Enhancement Academy in Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)
We are one of the Mathematics, Science, and Technology Teacher Preparation Academies sponsored by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board:
- Our In-Service teacher participants are from high needs schools throughout the DFW area.
- Our Pre-Service teacher participants are students in UTeach Dallas, or recent graduates supported by UTeach Dallas Induction
- TEAMS supports pre-service teachers in outreach to secondary students to encourage students to seek STEM majors in college and careers in STEM teaching.
Do you love math or science? Teach it! Learn more at utdallas.edu/uteach/
- We are a high fidelity replication of the highly acclaimed UTeach program at the University of Texas at Austin. Learn more at uteach-institute.org/
- UTeach Dallas students have higher average GPAs and SAT scores than their peers at the university. They're bright, dedicated students actively involved in community outreach programs such as the UT Dallas Women in Physics.